Sunday, September 16, 2012

Getting Don: Siegelman Back to Prison in Bogus Political Case

I am the daughter of the former Governor of Alabama, Don Siegelman. He was indicted four years ago on corrupt charges brought forth by U.S. prosecutor Leura Canary, wife of his political opponent's campaign manager.

Leura is married to Bill Canary, former partner and long-time friend of Karl Rove. There is evidence linking Karl, Bill, and current governor of Alabama, Bob Riley, to my dad's case (in addition to the obvious connection with Leura Canary).
Few, other than the prosecutors and conspirators, ever thought there would be a conviction.

Last month, my dad was sentenced to seven and a half years in prison. I write to you because I believe our current government has perverted democracy, and I desperately need your help to free my dad.

He was convicted of bribery, when the evidence clearly states that he never pocketed a cent, and the man that "bribed" him wanted nothing in return. All of this is horribly wrong, worse than any nightmare I have ever had.
My dad is not only innocent, but respectable in almost every way. He is the only  politician in the state of Alabama to have served in all of the highest state offices.

He was in office for more than 25 years before being accused of criminal activity. He reached a level that threatened the superiority of Republicans in the South. It is incredible to think that our government spends millions prosecuting political opponents for the mere hope of eliminating competition.

I need your help in exposing this grave injustice, along with the many others committed by our current justice system. Those behind these injustices must be stopped. I am begging you, as a fellow activist for democracy, to help me free my dad by pursuing justice.

 
 
Dana Siegelman - I have completed my baccalaureate in Communication Studies and am pursuing a Masters of Middle East Studies in Israel.  My dad is the former governor of Alabama and was recently imprisoned on corrupt charges.  I am on this site to free my dad and reveal the injustices of our "justice" system.  Thank you for caring about democracy and for taking action to pursue justice. 
 
 
 
[For more coverage of the Siegelman case, please see here. And listen to Thom Hartmann go off on background and the latest developments. Democracy Now coverage is here. And, Scott Horton, from Harpers Magazine who's been on this bone like a rottweiler has an illuminating look into the career connections of Siegelman's usurper at the Alabama governor's mansion, Bob Riley and the bogus "bribery" and "conspiracy" charges used to send Siegelman up are based on this "criminal" enterprise. - ape]
 
[UPDATE Sept. 5/07 - This case is still not firing the imagination of editors employed by the corporate press, but Scott Horton's sources tell a fascinating story here. -ape]