Wednesday, December 11, 2013

What a Year the Canadian Food Inspection Agency Had - Doing Nothing on Salmon File

What a year!

by Alexandra Morton

In the final weeks of 2013, the CFIA got reassigned to the Minister of Health and I finally got an answer my question. The CFIA never did retest my samples.

Now what - how do we evaluate the ISA virus risk to British Columbia?

Despite their commitment to offer wholesome food, I found Whole Foods uses standards that exceed WHO toxin recommendations to sell Norwegian farmed salmon in some stores.

These two incidents have shaped my course of action for 2014.

If you think I should keep going I need your help. Here is a summary of 2013. Thank you so much for your encouragement, help and brilliant ideas!

Political careers and markets are critically compromising themselves to accommodate this industry. 2014 is the year we move on to a much more brilliant form of aquaculture and relationship with wild salmon.



TO DONATE TO THE RESEARCH - mail a check to Raincoast Research Society and we will provide you with a tax receipt

No comments: